Recognition and certifications
We are Smartrip, the world's first socially friendly travel agency and certified B Corp. Our goal is to generate more and better development opportunities for people and communities living in the surroundings of the tourist destinations where you travel.
UDD Entrepreneurial Spirit Award (2018)
Recognition given by the Universidad del Desarrollo to people who encourage entrepreneurship and innovation, and who are a benchmark for future generations. View post.
Best for the world (2015 – 2016 – 2018)
The NGO B Lab (USA) is a non-profit organization that works to make institutions aspire to be the best for the world. They are the creators of the B Corp certification and also recognize companies that work to improve their business practices and to positively impact the world.
Smartrip has been recognized 3 times as BEST FOR THE WORLD, in the Best For Community category, competing with companies all around the world.
Innovation and Social Responsibility Award (2013)
On the World Tourism Day, Smartrip was rewarded by Sernatur (National Tourism Board) for having an innovative vision and a mission with social responsibility. View post.
B Corp (Since 2014)
We are a certified B Company,which means that we have the highest global standards of good practices and that our company has a positive impact on society. The rigorous evaluation process we went through evaluated us in the following 4 areas:
- Governance: It identifies the practices and policies that the company develops in terms of transparency, decision-making, alignment and commitment of the company, among others.
- Workers: Identifies the company’s practices and policies for its workers. Are they offered benefits other than those required by law? Are they heard, included, respected?
- Environment: It identifies policies and practices that positively impact the environment (recycling, supplier selection criteria based on their socio-environmental impact, use of renewable energy, water, waste use, among others).
- Community: It identifies those policies and practices carried out by the company that have a positive impact not only in the physical community where they are located, but also the treatment and choice of its suppliers and distributors.
- Business Model: The evaluation identifies the business model(s) of the company’s impact. These are diverse and vary from company to company, they can be from Environment, Community and Customers.
Global Sustainable Tourism Council
The Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) sets and manages global sustainability standards, known as the GSTC Criteria. These criteria are the guiding principles and minimum requirements that any company or tourist destination must aspire in order to protect and maintain the world’s natural and cultural resources, while ensuring that tourism reaches its as a tool for conservation and poverty alleviation.